26 Apr 2015

Weekend DIY Projects

I've been looking for one of these old school desks for a while now and yesterday I managed to finally get my hands on one!


It was in excellent condition but needed a coat of paint to give it a new lease on life, so I headed to our paint stash & pulled out two colours that I thought would work. I think the result was a success!


The top coulour is Octavius Oak and the bottom colour is Virtue. I love this combination & the boys now have a trendy, solid workbench for all sorts of creativity.


I'd been well and truly bitten by the painting bug so decided to give this table a makeover while I was keen.


I'd been looking at getting a coffee table for the lounge room for a while but the budget wasn't going to stretch that far for a while and it turns out this table would be perfect!

Again, I used what we had on hand, doing the legs in Dulux Water Worn & the top in Antique White USA.

So there you have it, two quick & easy projects all done in an afternoon. I'll probably look at putting some sort of sealant over both tables just to get some extra wear out of them but I'm extremely happy with these easy upcycle projects. 

How was your weekend?
Done any up-cycling lately? 

Til Next Time,


Mel xx






No comments:

Post a Comment